Friday, July 10, 2009

One Day At A Time

Today's Favorite Gym Song: I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys

Ok, so yesterday's workout kicked my butt. Let me rephrase that, my trainer kicked my butt! I did shoulder presses, single arm rows balancing on the opposite leg (had to have less weight when balancing on my right knee, it still is hating me, dancing until 3am Saturday night does that), straight bar bent rows, incline chest flies, nautilus chest press, wheel barrel (okay - those were tough, to be honest, I was glad I had shaved my legs, I almost forgot on my way out the door, I would have been embarrassed. :) I had to do them the length of the gym) Followed by tricep extensions and curls. Don't be too jealous - I can't raise my arms today.

I followed my lift by a nice 3.5 mile run at a 11:25/mi pace. I'm hoping to finally get down to a 10:00/mi pace and eventually a sub 10. I'm not sure I'll ever see the days of a 2:30 half mile, but I'll be happy to hit a 9:00/mi pace. For now, I'll take that pace and the fact I can comfortable run 3.5 miles compared to barely being able to run half a mile. (aka epic failure on my part)

Suggestions for my gym mix? What songs do you guys like to listen to??

Today is lower body and getting measurements to see how I have improved - I haven't had an evaluation since January, so this should be quite interesting. The only thing I may avoid is the weight, I went to the movies last night and housed popcorn (it's just so good) and then Biff had chicken cordon bleu for dinner.

Speaking of food- if anyone is ever looking for a pretty yummy meal replacement (especially when you are on the go) GNC sells one called Mix-1. The Mix Berry is pretty yummy and it's 200 calories, 15g of protein, and lots of vitamins. (Also lactose free) The 2:1 protein bars are pretty yummy after a workout, they don't require a ton of water or chewing like some (like the light muscle milk bar I had yesterday - yuck) Light Muscle Milk protein shakes are pretty good - 100 calories and 15g protein.

Today is another gym day, run, and hopefully a bike ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment