Wednesday, July 22, 2009

All those mocha lattes...

Favorite Gym Song of the Moments: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Miley Cyrus (ok - it's great for running... don't make fun of me :))

So, yeah. Today was a tough day at the gym. I hadn't been in since Friday. I had every intention after getting my fitness evaluation to go lift - but then I had to work at BBW (didn't know this) So then I planned on going after work. After work I was too tired and didn't have enough time before the Pirates game. Saturday had me laid up with a migraine that somehow morphed into a sinus headache (sweeet) I hid under my pillow most of the day after work. I have no excuses for Sunday or Monday or Tuesday on why I didn't go. 6 weeks until the wedding, I've been working so hard, I cannot lapse now!

I was meeting with my trainer today, so of course I had to go. Yeah, he kicked my butt, again. I did drop sets on the decline press and the low row. 4 sets on each going down in weight then doing it all over again! Since I'm obviously not a body builder - it's not something I should do often, but it's good to mix it up every once and awhile (this I learned today)

THEN I got to run stairs. 4 sets of those. Then 4 sets of hopping up one flight on one leg. Then 2 sets of hopping on both all the way up. The guy on the elliptical at the top of the steps was definitely laughing at me. Oh well. :) Followed by 2 sets of 15 throwing the medicine ball against the wall and catching it then 2 sets of 15 throwing the medicine ball backwards over my head against the wall (squatting down to throw it) I was thoroughly whipped and slightly dizzy afterwards.

Since I couldn't relax quite yet - I was going for a 3.5 mile run - easy, I ended up running 3 because I was wiped from working out (I also did 45 minutes of yard work BEFORE going to the gym) For some reason I didn't want to listen to any of the songs on my play list. I kept skipping songs. It was one of those days.

Tomorrow is another day. Lowers. Run. Maybe a swim or bike.

Hamstring feels good - so that's good. Left knee (aka my "good knee") didn't like me today on my run.

As G.O.B. would say (for any of you Arrested Development fans) COME ON!

No comments:

Post a Comment