Tuesday, August 18, 2009

It's Gettin Hot In Here...

Song for the Moment: Sweet Dreams - Beyonce

So, my gym is still closed ( :( ) I've been doing strength training at home, which hasn't been as effective, but the gyms accepting our memberships are kind of out of the way. Fortunately I have my free weights, a stability ball, and some DVDs.

Other than that - last 17 days before the wedding... I'm 8lbs short of my goal - but that was my "stretch" goal. If I lose 3 more pounds I'll be somewhere I'm pretty happy with that. :) I've lost 24lbs to date - 7% body fat (sweeeet) and have discovered a brand new wardrobe that I had. Example - I have a beautiful wool gab black suit from J.Crew that I must have been fat girl in a little coat squeezed into that sucker. I wore it when I worked in my uncle's office a few weeks ago - not only could I button the jacket (something I was unable to do pretty much as long as I can remember) but the pants were big. It was the same when I wore my navy blue pin stripe suit!

I ran last night - I waited until night since it was 90 degrees yesterday and thought that would help. Yeah, no. Throw in I have been fighting a horrid cough/cold - that heat last night did not help. But, I finished, I ran a good portion of Cochran Road this time headed up towards Washington (that evil hill) I had to walk for about 90 seconds because I was coughing up a lung ;-) I'm definitely feeling stronger on my runs.


Finally - doing a 5k on the 30th. I'm pretty psyched. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment