Sunday, August 23, 2009

Glad to have you back...

Gym Song of the Moment: Lasso - Phoenix

My gym reopened yesterday. I didn't have time (or the energy) to go back yesterday. I did a lot of thinking yesterday and decided that I could and would step foot back in LA Fitness. That jerk wasn't going to win.

So at 12:15 today, I walked back into LA Fitness in Bridgeville, sad, nervous, excited, and sorry for all those involved. I was happy to see an abundance of cars in the parking lot. I was happy to see people back working out. I was glad to be back. Although, the feelings I had in those brief 5 seconds as they scanned my member tag - as my eyes darted back to the aerobics room, the sadness that filled my body thinking about those women who were just going to workout and have some fun... my thoughts and prayers with them and their families.

I lifted uppers for about 25 minutes, it was tough - especially because I hadn't lifted in almost 3 weeks. I then did 6 minutes of planks and abs followed by a 40 minute/3.6 mile run. I'm going to feel all of this tomorrow (or in 30 minutes when I am at work)

With all of that said, LA Fitness, I am so glad you are back. It is truly a wonderful gym full of wonderful people that work there and individuals working out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment