Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I like you just the way you are...

Song of the moment: Shakira - She Wolf

I'm headed out for a run in a bit (although I may wait until Hell's Kitchen is over...I'm addicted to that show) Don't know why since I can't really cook!

Anyhow, just wanted to share a pretty amazing (and a bit more healthy) recipe, if you love spaghetti!

I have eaten it before - but had forgotten about it - Spaghetti Squash! It's pretty easy to cook and you can find some recipes for it, but you can actually make it into spaghetti. First, cut the squash in half (long way) THEN - scoop out the middle with the seeds (similar to a pumpkin) Drizzle some oil in the squash. Put it on a pan - face down, bake at 375 for an hour.

After it's down, take a fork and scoop the inside out - the "guts" when scooped out after being cooked looks like spaghetti. Then - you can toss some spaghetti sauce on it, a little parm if you have a problem like myself! BOOM! :) (I also had a spinach salad while I waited) When I was at Giant Eagle today, since I went for 3 things and left with a shopping cart full, I tried a new dressing - Marzetti Raspberry Cabernet Vinaigrette! (It's low fat and amazing.. and yummy) Toss in some crumbled bleu if you want or some craisins and nuts...

Avocado on some triscuits are a yummy snack too....

That's all I got. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment