Friday, December 10, 2010

Runnin' down a dream... pt 2


Song of the moment: The Time (Dirty Bit) - Black Eyed Peas


(among MANY other songs....)


I swear I posted something since March. Apparently I have not.


As I sifted through my old entries and my goals, it amazes me how far I have come.


It's been two years since I started my weight loss journey/bringing running back into my life. To date, I have dropped 45 pounds, dropped 6 dress sizes, and logged countless miles on the roads and hours in the gym. In 2010, I completed 3 half marathons and ran a PR in a 5k (9:06/mi pace)


I struggled through not wanting to run in the heat of the summer (and I paid for it during the RNR Half in September.) I swallowed my pride after that race and signed up for Philly's Half. In all fairness, despite it being an awful time, I had finished a half marathon. I'm a competitve person, so I was determined to get back to what I ran in March. I ran 2:14. Not my best. DEFINITELY not my worst. I had started out slower than the others on purpose, the hill near mile 9 wrecked me too. I was happy with my finish though. :)


Presently, I have nothing on my "race calendar". I plan on running Martha's Run 10k again in April, I may try a 12mi trail race the first weekend in January, and I'm definitely running Broad Street (which also wrecked me ha) and potentially the Pittsburgh Half Marathon in May.


I am determined to run my first marathon next year - most likely Philly and I will try a triathlon (or two)


Along with those goals, it is my hope to lose a final 10 pounds. ...and update this a bit more... :)


(between mile 6 and 7 during the Philly half)

No comments:

Post a Comment